Just Make Amazing Cookies!
Challenge accepted. I just wanted to make cookies for my family and friends. If you would have told me last year I would be running a small bakery with products now in 3 stores I would have laughed and walked away from you. As I’m quickly learning, the most successful businesses are the ones that are simple, and your product sells itself. If you must take out a second mortgage to get your business off the ground, you should probably rethink some things. Also, if part of your business plan is VC’s (venture capitalist), you have already failed. The key to any successful business is that you are passionate about, your customers like it, and you love what you do. Nothing else really matters. With Nerd Bakery I’ve decided to take it a different direction than most bakeries. For starters, I want Nerd Bakery to be as transparent as possible.
Here are some of the things we are working on:
- Take an agile approach to feedback from customers and change our selection based on what our customers like. ·
- We’ll post how many cookies and treats we sell on our Cookie Dashboard. ·
- To keep things manageable and our quality high, we’ll stick to small batches. ·
- We’ll post our sales numbers monthly along with our profit and loss. ·
- I’ll write a weekly progress report on our status as we grow.
- We look forward to taking this long journey with our customers and being the very best bakery.
Carl aka Cookie Monster